A new, exceptional part of the city is arising at the heart of Berlin: AM TACHELES. This new landmark destination will offer a mix of premium retail, restaurants, office space, residential buildings and culture, along with architectural diversity and dramatic facades. A home with a great history and an even greater future.
directly at hand
Embedded in Herzog & de Meuron’s holistic urban planning AM TACHELES urban planning concept, the VERT is surrounded by a private courtyard garden and the tranquil Bernsteinplatz. A home where you can celebrate the good life.
The renowned architectural practices Herzog & de Meuron, Brandlhuber+ Muck Petzet and Grüntuch Ernst Architekten have bestowed a special identity on each and every building– confident and compelling.
A new quarter ablaze
AM TACHELES straddles 25,000 m² and gives the heart of Mitte district a new face – with three public plazas. The urban concept developed by Herzog & de Meuron offers a holistic and unique interpretation of the history of the location.
- Holistic design concept for the AM TACHELES courtesy of Herzog & de Meuron
- Integrative urban planning as an open, vibrant urban quarter, conceptual design from urban fabric to architectural details
- Elaborate outdoor planning with spacious green plazas and some 170 trees
- Intelligent illumination concept and aesthetic signage
- Superb shopping and leisure-time facilities in the quarter and the immediate vicinity
„The Tacheles building will be integrated into the future urban fabric and revitalised with the planned cultural use for it. The idea: to allow us to experience the history of the location, and at the same time move it into the future.“
Herzog & de Meuron
From then till now
The Friedrichstrassen Arcade
The chic department store was one of the first and most interesting of its kind – from an architectural perspective, too.
House of Technology
AEG moves in and presents its electrical appliances in the former arcades.
Wild, unusual, Berlin.
The Tacheles became a magnet for the national and international art scene.