A new, exceptional part of the city is arising at the heart of Berlin:
directly at hand
Embedded in Herzog & de Meuron’s holistic urban planning
The renowned architectural practices
A new quarter ablaze
- Holistic design concept for the
AM TACHELEScourtesy of Herzog & de Meuron
- Integrative urban planning as an open, vibrant urban quarter, conceptual design from urban fabric to architectural details
- Elaborate outdoor planning with spacious green plazas and some 170 trees
- Intelligent illumination concept and aesthetic signage
- Superb shopping and leisure-time facilities in the quarter and the immediate vicinity
A photo museum for the 21st century: As one of the worlds most successful photo museums, Fotografiska Berlin, located in the former Kunsthaus Tacheles, will attract Berliners and visitors from all over the world. The exhibitions of famous photographers and new artistic talents will be complemented by a wide range of events, a special culinary offer and a photo academy.
„The Tacheles building will be integrated into the future urban fabric and revitalised with the planned cultural use for it. The idea: to allow us to experience the history of the location, and at the same time move it into the future.“
Herzog & de Meuron
From then till now
The Friedrichstrassen Arcade
The chic department store was one of the first and most interesting of its kind – from an architectural perspective, too.
House of Technology
AEG moves in and presents its electrical appliances in the former arcades.
Wild, unusual, Berlin.
The Tacheles became a magnet for the national and international art scene.